Thursday, June 11, 2009

Introducing Coen


So, here he is! Prepare for the onslaught of baby photos and updates.

All went really well on Monday. Many of you have heard me complain of the impending c-section. The whole ordeal was much less stressful than I had made out in my head. We went in around 8am and Coen was pronounced "here" at 8:45am. 7 lbs 5 oz, 19.5 inches.

Recovery was mostly pain free and quick. We came home Wednesday morning, to a few excited family members and one not so happy one, Nolen. He is decidedly not happy about Coen joining the family and stealing his lime light. He scowls at whomever happens to be holding the baby, and lets you know he wouldn't be upset if we sent it back.

My mom and Aunt Carrie came on Saturday to hold down the fort at home. They have been entertaining and teaching non stop, which is awesome, except I know after they leave the kids are going to be sorely disappointed with me and how boring I am by comparison. Oh well, good thing is they are both too young (hopefully) to remember any of this trauma.

2 comments:

kschei said...

He's so beautiful! Oh my goodness I can't wait to meet him... and I'm so pleased to hear the whole ordeal wasn't as bad as you thought it might be. See you when I arrive back on the westside.
Krista

kschei said...

... and I'd like to see a 'Not Me! Monday!' post by you, oh Thee Kristen of Thee Schwark. I know you have a ton up your sleeve right now. And I'd like some more photos... get back on your horse, would ya? I know you had a cesarean, getting on 'the horse' shouldn't be THAT hard. :) Love ya and can't wait to meet Coen.